Lead magnets are a powerful marketing technique for getting people’s contact information.
However, the creation of these magnets often demands substantial time and effort. PDFs, e-books, video series, and courses are undoubtedly appealing, but the reality is that most individuals lack the resources to produce them all.
In this article, we’ll explain what lead magnets are and share ideas for creating them using content you already have.
What is a lead magnet?
A lead magnet is an effective marketing tool designed to capture potential customers’ contact information by providing them with valuable resources. These resources, which can include ebooks, whitepapers, templates, and other downloadable assets, serve as incentives for prospects to share their details. By offering these materials, businesses can generate leads and build a strong foundation for customer engagement and growth.
Before we dive into how to create lead magnets, let’s take a moment to understand how website visitors can be converted into valuable leads, and the important role that email marketing plays in this process. Here’s a quick breakdown:
- Call to Action (CTA): This is the clickable button that grabs the attention of visitors and leads them to the resource you’re offering.
- Landing Page: Once visitors click on the CTA, they are directed to a landing page where they can provide their information. This includes filling out a form with their name, email address, and other relevant details they consider important.
- Thank-You Page: After submitting their information, the visitor-turned-lead is directed to a thank-you page. This page provides instructions on how to access the resource they signed up for, while also adding them to your mailing list.
- Kickback Email: Shortly after the exchange, a follow-up email, known as the kickback email, is sent to the lead. This email initiates a conversation and keeps the lead engaged with your business through an email marketing campaign.
How to create a good lead magnet?
Not all lead magnets are the same. You might think it’s enough to quickly make a checklist or gather some reading materials, but you may not get the results you expect. It’s important to take your time and create something truly helpful for your audience. A good lead magnet should have these qualities:
- Relevance: The most important thing is to ensure that the materials you offer are relevant to your audience or industry. While choosing a broader topic might attract more contacts, those contacts may not necessarily be high-quality leads genuinely interested in your product or service. It should offer a specific value or address a particular problem they are facing.
- High Perceived Value: The lead magnet should be perceived as valuable by your audience. Give your audience exclusive information that isn’t available elsewhere. Offer unique insights about your industry. It could be an exclusive ebook, a comprehensive guide, a useful template, a toolkit, a checklist, or access to premium content.
- Solves a Problem: Your lead magnet should provide a solution or offer practical tips and advice that can help your audience overcome a challenge or achieve a desired outcome. Maybe you have a solution that helps your audience complete tasks faster or overcomes common industry challenges. Whatever you decide to provide, make sure it’s genuinely useful to your audience.
- Easy to Consume: The lead magnet should be easily digestible and not require excessive time or effort to consume. It could be in the form of a PDF, a video, an email course, or a short webinar. However, finding the right balance between meeting your audience’s needs and not giving away too much for free can be challenging. You don’t want to deceive them with false promises, but you also don’t want to fulfil all their needs to the extent that they no longer require your product or service.
- Quick to Access and Share: The lead magnet should be immediately accessible once the user provides their contact information. This ensures a smooth and seamless experience for your audience. Make sure your lead magnet is easy to share so you can attract more leads. When someone likes what you’re offering and shares it with others, it becomes a powerful word-of-mouth promotion for your business.
The 3 Best Lead Magnet Ideas from Your Repurposed Content
Repurposing your existing content can be a goldmine for creating effective lead magnets. By transforming your valuable content into enticing resources, you can capture your audience’s attention and eventually generate quality leads.
Here are the best lead magnet ideas based on your repurposed content:
Case studies are powerful tools that showcase successes and have the potential to motivate prospects to take action. If you have a compelling success story with a satisfied customer you’ve worked with, you can repurpose this content into a written case study. You can send a case study resource directly within the newsletter or gate it behind a form where website visitors can provide their name and email address to access it.
It’s important to note that you must have approval from the customer to mention their name before creating a case study. If you do not have approval you should avoid mentioning their name and focus on the results more.
Here is an example of our case study that demonstrates how we booked 80 high-quality appointments in 2 months.
Comprehensive Guides and eBooks
Take your in-depth blog posts or articles and transform them into comprehensive guides or ebooks. By using this approach, you are making it convenient for your prospects to get the information they want while also giving them a clear path to take action.
These resources offer in-depth knowledge, practical tips, and valuable insights on a specific topic of interest. When creating comprehensive guides and eBooks as lead magnets, consider the following:
- Choose a Relevant Topic: Select a topic that aligns with your audience’s interests and needs. Conduct research or gather feedback to identify the areas where your audience seeks guidance or additional information.
- Provide Actionable Content: Make your comprehensive guide or eBook actionable by offering practical steps, strategies, or techniques that your audience can implement. Ensure that the content is clear, concise, and easy to follow.
- Organize and Structure: Organize your content in a logical and easy-to-navigate manner. Use headings, subheadings, and bullet points to enhance readability and enable readers to quickly find the information they’re looking for.
- Visual Appeal: Incorporate visuals such as relevant images, graphs, charts, or infographics to enhance the visual appeal and make the content more engaging. Visuals can help clarify complex concepts and improve overall comprehension.
- Optimize for Conversion: Include a call-to-action within the comprehensive guide or eBook to encourage readers to take the next step. This can be a link to a landing page, an offer for a free consultation, or an invitation to join your email newsletter.
Here is an example of our free guide on how to get 20-50-100 quality appointments per month. This is what the landing page looks like, where people can provide their email addresses and get the resources easily.
Providing clear details about what people will get after downloading the PDF is crucial for setting expectations and encouraging conversions. When promoting your comprehensive guide or eBook as a lead magnet, be sure to include specific information about the valuable content readers will gain access to.
Webinars are incredibly impactful as they provide a unique opportunity for participants to engage in what feels like a personalized one-on-one session with an expert. They can be recorded and replayed multiple times, allowing for continuous promotion and extended reach. Due to their intimate nature, webinars are often perceived as high-value and exclusive content.
What makes webinars even more compelling is their time-sensitive nature. By creating a sense of urgency around the event, you can boost your overall conversion rate with minimal additional effort. This urgency encourages potential participants to take immediate action and increases their likelihood of attending.
Webinars provide a platform for delivering valuable knowledge, interactive learning experiences, and direct engagement with your audience. They enable you to showcase your expertise, establish credibility, and build a strong connection with attendees. Don’t underestimate the power of webinars in driving conversions and fostering meaningful relationships with your audience.
We have recently started using video webinars through the CLEVER system to connect with our target audience and it was an eye-opening experience as it attracted a lot of interested leads. If you want to read more about how we did it, check out our blog Mastering Your First Webinar: 8 Essential Tips For Success.
Here is the banner of our LinkedIn webinar:
How to repurpose your content into lead magnets?
Repurposing content into high-value lead magnets is a valuable strategy, but it can be time-consuming and confusing. How can you create all this content by yourself and then repurpose them in the right way to attract the correct target audience?
While looking for the answer to this question, we have developed the CLEVER system, which simplifies the process of creating and repurposing valuable content into effective lead magnets.
If you have a backlog of content but do not know how to repurpose them effectively or want to start creating quality content for your lead-generation strategy, book a discovery call with us.