While many professionals are familiar with LinkedIn’s core features, such as creating a profile and engaging in conversations, there is one hidden gem that holds immense potential for lead nurturing: the LinkedIn Newsletter.
With LinkedIn Newsletter, you can leverage the power of your professional network to establish thought leadership, build trust, and foster meaningful connections with potential customers. In this article, we’ll explore how to use the full potential of the LinkedIn Newsletter for lead nurturing.
Let’s dive in!
Understanding the LinkedIn Newsletter
The LinkedIn Newsletter is a valuable feature that allows you to publish a series of articles regularly. Similar to an email newsletter, the LinkedIn newsletter focuses on a specific topic that is relevant to your audience’s needs and interests.
While the availability of the LinkedIn newsletter is being rolled out gradually, all LinkedIn users can subscribe to newsletters. Once subscribed, they receive in-app and email notifications whenever you publish a new edition of your newsletter.
Now, you might wonder, what sets a LinkedIn newsletter apart from a regular article?
The key distinction lies in the visibility and reach of your content. When you publish an article on LinkedIn, it appears in your timeline, requiring your connections to come across it while scrolling through their feeds. On the other hand, when you publish a newsletter, your subscribers receive direct notifications in the LinekdIn App plus Email notifications sent from the LinkedIn domain. This significantly increases the likelihood of them discovering and engaging with your content.
Here is an example of one of our newsletters:
- The LinkedIn newsletter is directly sent from the LiknkedIn domain, which is a huge advantage as you do not have to worry about the deliverability of the message. In addition, LinkedIn sends your newsletter on the personal emails that people used to register on the platform.
- When you open the newsletter, you’ll immediately notice the newsletter’s name, such as our “CLEVER Social Selling,” and a description of the valuable content offered in our weekly editions. It’s important to optimize your LinkedIn account before publishing to establish your credibility as the author, which enhances the newsletter’s impact.
- LinkedIn newsletters benefit from clear and high-quality banner images that allow for the inclusion of text. You can either use the same text as the headline to maintain consistency or craft a more captivating message that grabs visitors’ attention.
- LinkedIn ensures a seamless user experience by presenting newsletters with an appealing design, eliminating concerns of appearing untrustworthy or scam-like. This professional visual engagement encourages readers to explore the content.
- In your newsletters, you have the freedom to incorporate links, and they function seamlessly regardless of whether they are accessed through email or the LinkedIn platform. At the end of the content, readers can simply click “read more” to access the full newsletter on LinkedIn.
6 Reasons to Create a LinkedIn Newsletter
Is all the buzz around LinkedIn newsletters really worth it?
Absolutely! If you have the opportunity to publish a newsletter on LinkedIn, it’s an opportunity you shouldn’t miss. Here are five solid reasons why:
- Nurture your leads: LinkedIn newsletters provide an excellent platform for nurturing your leads. By consistently delivering valuable and relevant content directly to your subscribers’ inboxes, you can establish yourself as a trusted resource and stay top-of-mind with potential clients. This continuous engagement helps build relationships and keeps your brand at the forefront when they are ready to make purchasing decisions.
- Expand Your Audience: LinkedIn newsletters have the power to expand your reach significantly. By creating captivating content that drives engagement, LinkedIn’s algorithm will showcase your newsletter to a wider audience. Just like articles that appear in your feed because someone in your network engaged with them, newsletters work similarly.
- Increase Engagement: LinkedIn newsletters help refine your contact list and foster meaningful engagement. When you invite people to sign up for your newsletter, you attract individuals who resonate with your topic. This targeted audience is more likely to engage with your content, not only in the newsletter itself but across your other LinkedIn assets as well.
- Boost Brand Awareness: Consistently publishing a LinkedIn newsletter is an effective strategy to enhance your brand awareness. When you carefully curate your connections, most of them should be potential business partners or clients. However, it’s common for these connections to forget about you after connecting. A newsletter serves as a powerful reminder, putting your brand back in front of the right people. It’s an excellent opportunity to reinforce your brand identity and showcase the valuable solutions you provide.
- Establish Authority: Building trust is crucial for business growth, and establishing yourself as an authority in your industry is key. A LinkedIn newsletter offers the perfect platform to position yourself as an expert in your niche. By consistently delivering valuable content, your audience will see you as a trusted source of information. When they require the products or services you offer, they’ll turn to you as a reliable authority.
- Generate Leads: Lead generation is the lifeblood of online businesses. Without a steady stream of leads, your business won’t thrive. A LinkedIn newsletter can be a game-changer in your inbound marketing strategy. By showcasing your expertise and nurturing the leads, a well-crafted newsletter can attract leads and convert them into potential customers. In fact, LinkedIn is known to be 277% more effective at lead generation than Facebook and Twitter. With a compelling newsletter as part of your LinkedIn strategy, you can expect that number to rise even higher.
Top 5 Tips to Use LinkedIn Newsletter for Effective Lead Nurturing
LinkedIn Newsletter is a valuable tool for nurturing leads and building strong connections with your target audience. To make the most of this feature, here are the top five tips to effectively use LinkedIn Newsletter for lead nurturing:
1. Know Your Audience
Understand your target audience’s needs, pain points, and interests. Tailor your newsletter content to address their specific challenges and provide valuable insights. To create valuable content, make sure you:
- Understand your audience: Before you start creating content, it’s crucial to have a deep understanding of your target audience. Clearly define their characteristics and preferences using buyer personas or customer profiles that you utilize in your marketing campaigns.
- Address their pain points: Avoid publishing newsletters without a purpose. Each edition should aim to address a pain point or provide a solution that is relevant to your target audience.
2. Add nice preheader text and newsletter description
When it comes to creating an impactful LinkedIn Newsletter, don’t overlook the importance of a compelling preheader text and newsletter description. These elements serve as the gateway to capturing your audience’s attention and enticing them to open up and engage with your content. The preheader text is a concise snippet that appears alongside the subject line and provides a preview of what your newsletter offers. Make it catchy, informative, and aligned with your audience’s interests to create curiosity and encourage clicks.
We recommend naming your newsletter something that has obvious relevance and value. You only get 30 characters. Don’t get fancy. Don’t brand it. Just call it what it is. In our case, our newsletter is called: ‘’CLEVER Social Selling’’, which indicates our CLEVER system that helps brands in social selling and lead generating.
Additionally, the newsletter description acts as a brief overview of the value your newsletter provides. It should clearly communicate the benefits, insights, or solutions readers can expect to find inside. Craft a captivating description that highlights the unique value proposition of your newsletter, showcases your expertise, and entices readers to subscribe.
3. Consistency is Key
When it comes to using the LinkedIn Newsletter for lead nurturing, it’s essential to consider the frequency of your publications. You have several options to choose from, including daily, weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly newsletters.
Selecting the right one depends on your audience’s preferences and the availability of relevant content. If you already have a well-established email newsletter, aligning the LinkedIn Newsletter frequency with it can provide consistency and familiarity to your subscribers. However, if you have a backlog of valuable content, you can opt for a higher frequency to repurpose and share older articles.
Once you have determined the frequency, the setup process is straightforward, and you’re ready to start publishing engaging and informative content to nurture your leads.
Maintain a consistent publishing schedule for your LinkedIn Newsletter. Regularly share valuable content to stay top of mind with your audience. Consistency builds anticipation and keeps your leads engaged, increasing the chances of conversion.
4. Use High-Quality Images
To provide an engaging and visually appealing experience for your readers, it’s essential to use high-quality images in your LinkedIn newsletter. There are three key areas where you can leverage images effectively:
- Logo: Your LinkedIn newsletter’s logo plays a vital role in enhancing brand awareness and recognition. Ensure that your logo is of high resolution and clarity to make a strong visual impact.
- Cover Photo: The cover photo serves as the featured image displayed at the top of your newsletter. Select an image that not only captures attention but also aligns with the message and theme of your content. Here is an example of one of our last newsletter covers:
- Within Your Content: Integrate images strategically within your newsletter’s content to enhance the overall message delivery. Images not only break up the text but also serve as visual aids to make your content more memorable and engaging.
5. Incorporate Call-to-Actions
To promote active engagement with your LinkedIn newsletter, it is crucial to incorporate a compelling call-to-action (CTA) at the end of each publication. Your CTA can encourage subscribers to take various actions, such as leaving a comment, sharing the newsletter with their network, or even scheduling a call to get more details. Effective CTAs help guide your leads through the buyer’s journey and facilitate a conversion.
By providing clear avenues for interaction, you not only foster deeper connections with your audience but also signal to the LinkedIn algorithm that your content is valuable and worth promoting. So, remember to always include a CTA that prompts readers to engage and participate actively in the discussion.
Using the power of the LinkedIn Newsletter for lead nurturing can be a game-changer for your business. By leveraging this feature effectively, you can expand your audience, increase engagement, boost brand awareness, establish authority, and generate valuable leads.
However, we understand that creating unique and relevant content consistently can be time-consuming and challenging, especially for busy professionals. That’s why we use the LinkedIn Newsletter as one of the main channels in our CLEVER system, helping our clients efficiently nurture their leads.
If you’re ready to start nurturing your leads through LinkedIn Newsletter but find yourself strapped for time, we’re here to help. Schedule a quick call to discuss how we can support you in creating the LinkedIn Newsletter for your lead nurturing strategy.